Driving in NYC can be rather tricky. There are many things every driver should be aware of, from where to legally park to how to navigate the road safely. Let’s go over the things that every driver in NYC needs to know.
Know the Rules of the Road:
- Don’t Block the Box – You’ll often see this sign at traffic lights warning you not to get stuck in the intersection when the light turns red.
- Cell Phone Use – The use of your cell phone while driving in NYC is strictly prohibited and will result in a fine.
- Beware of Pedestrians – Pedestrians in NYC are not afraid of jaywalking. Always keep an eye out for people whether or not you’re at a crosswalk.
- Road Signs – The streets of NYC are littered with various road signs. Many signs prevent you from making a left turn at certain times of the day.
While it’s essential to understand the rules of the road, the trickiest part of driving in NYC is parking. There are so many rules when it comes to parking in the city. Finding street parking is incredibly difficult, especially if you’re looking during peak hours. Avoid parking tickets by storing your car in a parking garage.
We have affordable and safe parking garages throughout the city. When you use one of our lots, you can rest easy knowing that you won’t return to any fines or a towed vehicle. We can also help with long-term parking as we offer the best auto storage in NYC.
Related Reading about Auto Storage in NYC
- Tips for Using a Parking Garage in NYCYou have a lot of options when parking in NYC. consider utilizing us for car storage in NYC, If you are considering leaving your car in a lot for an extended period.
- What do the Colors of NYC Parking Signs Mean
- What is the Real Cost of Street Parking in NYC