For many cities and towns, owning a car is a priority and not an option. For those living in New York City, with extensive public transportation, owning a car is not a necessity. However, it is still something that many New Yorkers want. Leaving the city for a weekend getaway is much easier if you own a car.
Owning a car in NYC comes with its own set of rules. Between meters and alternate side parking, knowing where to leave your car parked in NYC can become tricky. If you decide to own a car in the city, there are a few things to consider when it comes to parking.
Owning or renting a spot is one option for city car owners to consider. Some buildings and apartment complexes come equipped with parking spaces you can buy or rent. However, keep in mind that renting or owning a spot is expensive. Many buildings with a garage charge anywhere from $100 to $1000 a month to rent a place. Owning a spot in a building lot can cost an additional $60,000 to $150,000.
If you decide not to secure a spot, parking on the street comes with its own set of rules and regulations. Alternate side parking requires you to get up early on specific days to move your car to avoid costly tickets. Failure to move your vehicle during the designated times could lead to towing.
Parking Garage in NYC
If you own a car, consider using a parking garage NYC for all your parking needs. Monthly parking NYC in a garage or lot will save you much time and hassle worrying about where to leave your car every day. Having a lot where you can securely leave your vehicle ensures that you won’t come back to expensive tickets.
- Understanding Parking Garage in New York CityBetween alternate side parking, curb cuts, driveways, and more, parking in New York City is never easy. Those who own a vehicle can find themselves spending hours driving around looking for a legal spot; and many times, that space you thought was legal, is not. Avoid the hassle by using monthly parking in NYC. Utilizing a parking garage in NYC ensures that you will not be coming back to expensive tickets on your car.
- A Basic Guide to Parking in New York City
- Things to Know About Monthly Parking in NYC
- Owning a Car and Monthly Parking in NYC
- Parking Garages in NYC and Parking Signs